Create, read and comment on news and blogs about interoperability solutions for public administrations.
The upcoming Federation of Semantic Asset Repositories, new service of the ISA programme, will make semantic assets of different publishers easy to discover on the web through a single point of access, Joinup’s Federation services. The semantic assets will not be on the federation only their ADMS description, including the link to where they can be found. The Federation is planned to go live this summer.
Below are 5 reasons why publishers of semantic assets should consider joining the Federation:
1. The Federation will make it easier for everyone to find out where to find, quickly and for free, the appropriate code-list, data model and other semantic assets already available across Europe. Participating in the Federation will raise the visibility of your semantic assets.
2. All federated assets will be described in ADMS. Participating in the Federation will make it easier for everyone to understand what your semantic assets are all about.
3. Participants in the first wave of the Federation will be an example to others. Participating in the Federation will create positive reinforcement of sharing behaviour.
4. Semantic assets will be easier to find and reuse. Participating in the Federation will create collaboration opportunities.
5. The Federation will help you to increase the User base of your semantic assets.
Some examples of participants:
If you are interested to participate, please let us know.