What is a wiki page?
A wiki page is a page created by a member of a community or project that can be updated collaboratively by other community or project members. All wiki page are located in the e-Library section of your community or project.
Edit a wiki page
Who can edit a wiki page?
- Any member of the community can modify the content of a wiki page;
- Once the wiki page is edited, its content is locked and nobody else can edit it at same time;
- Only the facilitator or project owner can eventually remove the lock.
How to edit a wiki page?
- Navigate to your community or project;
- Click on "e-Library" in the left sub-menu;
- At this point you are in the e-library items list of your community or project;
- Click on the wiki page that you want to edit
- Click the “Edit” tab and you can edit all the fields of the page;
- Once you have finished you can save your changes by clicking on the “Save” button.
How to go back to an older version of the wiki page?
The platform keeps track of any changes, so at any time, you can go back to an older version
To go back to an older version:
- Navigate to the wiki page for which you want to go back to an older version;
- Click the “Revisions” tab;
- Choose the version you need
- The “Revisions” tab allows you to see differences between two versions.
To compare two versions of the wiki page:
- Select the two versions to compare; and
- Click on button "Show diff".
Delete a wiki page
Who can delete a wiki page?
A wiki page can be deleted by facilitator only. Only member with facilitator role has access to button "Delete" when editing the wiki page.
How to delete a wiki page?
This action is a definitive action. Once the facilitator decides to eliminate a wiki page the whole content will be lost.
To delete a wiki page:
- Navigate to the wiki page that you want to delete;
- Click "Edit" in the top menu;
- and then "Delete" ;
- A confirmation page is displayed asking the facilitator to proceed or to cancel.
Highlight a wiki page
What is a highlight?
Any member of a community can highlight content within her/his community, so that it becomes visible to other community members in chronologic order of highlighting. Nearly all content types can be highlighted within any community, including news items, events, documents, cases, factsheets, open-source software, semantic interoperability assets, and even other communities.
Who can highlight a wiki page?
To highlight a wiki page in another community or project, you need to be a member of that community or project.
How to highlight a wiki page?
To highlight a wiki page:
- Navigate to the wiki page that you want to highlight;
- Click on “highlight this content" link;
- A list containing your communities and projects is displayed;
- Check the checkboxes of the communities and projects where you want to highlight the wiki page and click on the "highlight content" button;
- If the wiki page has already been highlighted, either by you or by somebody else, the checkbox in front of the community's name should be already checked;
- If you want to remove the highlight, uncheck the checkbox in front of the community's name and click on the "highlight content" button.