2 people uses this project
This software project deals with the development of a software tool - called Test Generator - that transforms test cases and test data to reference data structures compliant with the semantic and syntactic interoperability standard OSCI-XMeld.
The tool takes test data in tabular form (such as Excel or csv files) as input and writes xml text files as output.
The test data would be related to typical or special scenarios in data exchange processes governed by the standard OSCI-XMeld (see below). The xml text files (the output of the tool) would be normative examples for message structures to be used in data exchange compliant with the standard OSCI-XMeld. Test data and xml text files are together called "OSCI-XMeld test suite".
Software vendors can use the OSCI-XMeld test suite to support development of OSCI-XMeld compliant software interfaces.
The Test Generator is used - by the respective standardisation body e.g. - to support production of a test suite each time when a new release of the standard OSCI-XMeld is to be published. Standard and corresponding test suite are always published together.
OSCI-XMeld is a semantic interoperability standard. Its purpose is to support collaboration and data exchange of the German population registration authorities and central agencies of the German government. The application of OSCI-XMeld is mandatory by law for a wide range of services of these agencies. A new version of the interoperability standard XMeld is released two times each year. Accompanying these releases a version of the XOEV Test Generator OSCI-XMeld, which is presented here, is released as well.
The XOEV Test Generator OSCI-XMeld contains the general architecture of a test case transforming tool applicable to any XML based semantic interoperability standard. This general architecture is covered by the package core. Further packages specific to the subject of the interoperability standard OSCI-XMeld are included.
This test suite can be applied to two different scenarios - firstly, to support the development of XMeld compliant software modules. Secondly it can be used to perform interoperability tests of XMeld compliant software products of the same or of different software vendors.
In general, the applied test cases deal with many different scenarios of XMeld compliant data exchange. The general workflow of the test generator is to transform test cases including their respective test data into XMeld-compliant XML message. These messages are called reference messages according to their exemplary character for the stakeholders in this field of data exchange.
• based on Java XMeld binding architecture
• reads tabular test cases containing scenario descriptions, test partners and test data
• generates corresponding XML messages compliant with semantic and syntactic interoperability standard OSCI-XMeld
• output is written to XML text files (each file contains one reference message)
Adaptation to subsequent releases of the interoperability standard OSCI-XMeld. Augmentation of package core to cover more of the general ground of test case transformation.
The easiest way to get involved is to apply the software and give feedback about issues such as:
• usability of the user interface
• quality of the content
• possible targets to use the application for
• missing features of the application
• occurrence of bugs
Public administration reference
The interoperability standard OSCI-XMeld is maintained by KoSIT (the Coordination Authority for IT-Standards) which is part of the administration of the German federal state Bremen. Commissioned by the administrations of the German federal states and the German Federal Republic the maintenance of XMeld is one of KoSIT’s responsibilities. Part of this maintenance is development of this test generator OSCI-XMeld and the regular publication of the XMeld test suite produced by application of the test suite.
- The tool transforms test cases and test data to reference data structures compliant with the semantic interoperability standard OSCI-XMeld.
- Email contact:
- Mailing list:
- Interoperability, population registration, semantic interop standards, semantic interoperability, transformation of test cases, xml reference messages
- Development status:
- Intended audience:
- Developers, End Users/Desktop
- GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) 2.1
- Natural language:
- Programming language:
- Data Formats, Formats and Protocols, Testing
- More links:
- https://www.xrepository.deutschland-online.de/Inhalt/urn:uuid:b347667a-c625-4948-aa5a-c0fda9184047.xhtml, https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/software/xoev-test-generator-xpersonenstand/description