Introductions around the table, 2 new participants.
One hour meeting had about ten participants, representatives from the EU Institutions and Member States, such countries as Germany, Greece, Slovenia, Spain, Norway, Sweden.
Highlights from the discussion
Issue #1: Content of a Base Registry
Issue #4: Subject of Datasets
dcat:themeTaxonomy and dcat:theme by using both:
Issue #3: Description of a Registry Service
- Core Public Service Vocabulary (cpsv)
- DCAT-AP and W3C DCAT (dcat)
Issue #6: Quality of Datasets
W3C Data Quality Vocabulary (DQV) + Provenance Ontology to:
- Express that a dataset fits in a quality classification
- Provide quality assessment with quality metrics —e.g., completeness—
- Express the conformance of a dataset's metadata with a standard
- Provenance of dataset
Issue #7: Legal Basis of the Services, Registries and Resources?
The Core Public Service Vocabulary Application Profile enable us to describe a cpsv:Public Service that may follow cpsv:Rule(s) that implement eli:LegalResource(s)
Issue #2: property 'isAuthoritative' for datasets
- A new property for Catalogues, Resources (Datasets), and Data Elements
- Aligned with Belgian, Dutch, Norwegian, Spanish approaches
o Optional property for catalogues, datasets or data elements
o Range: boolean
Issue #5: Content of Datasets (DataElement)
- Belgian Catalogue:
- Peter W:
o DCAT-2: dct:conformsTo
o Data element composition of: “core components”
- Data Cube Vocabulary: https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-data-cube/
Issue #08: Output of a Registry Service
According to the CPSV-AP:
- cpsv:PublicService à cpsv:produces à cv:Output
- Output is also a dcat:Catalog
- Multiple types?
Draft of Specification of Registry of Registries
Editor's Draft After CPSV-AP Feedback and ABR WG Meeting in June: SC157_D02.01.Draft Specification_v0.05.docx
Early September: next ABR (this) working group meeting: the same approach of a discussion on the progress of the specification and issues
3rd of October: public webinar on ABR Action: check the details on Save the Date
21st – 22nd of October: Draft to be presented in the SEMIC Conference *potential workshop on the specification
November 2019 à DCAT-AP v2 Major Release: draft to be updated accordingly.