thought I'd start my participation with creating an information overflow situation - below you'll find a collection of links sent to me by Pia Andrews (https://www.linkedin.com/in/pia-andrews)
"Here is a list of references that may be useful: Here it is:
· Rules as Code article with Tim De Sousa about the benefits and opportunities
Please also find additional useful Rules as Code links below for ease of reference.
- Better Rules and Legislation as Code presentation - to be presented on the day
- The first Better Rules Discovery Report from NZ (Nadia Webster) & video by MBIE
- Better Rules Workshop Manual (by Hamish Fraser & Nadia Webster, NZ)
- Rules as Code Handbook (Tim De Sousa) & Better Rules guide (Hamish Fraser)
- The NSW Rules as Code Emerging Tech Primer (the NSW Gov Policy Lab)
- Archived discussion threads from the Better Rules Community Forum (2018-2020): MBIE Better Rules site
Better Rules and RaC examples
- Accident Compensation Act (NZ) Better Rules Discovery Report (ACC)
- Applying Rules as Code for city planning & consenting (Wellington Council)
- NZ SmartStart:https://smartstart.services.govt.nz/ with “financial help” function
- Rapu Ture: NZ Rules Explorer: http://www.rules.nz
- NSW OpenFISCA API code: http://github.com/digitalnsw/openfisca-nsw
- ‘Cereal’ - Active Kids calculator demo: https://digitalnsw.github.io/cereal/
- NSW Rules Explorer: http://nsw-rules.herokuapp.com/
- Openfisca https://fr.openfisca.org/
- “Help Me Plan” concept prototype (2017) that informed subsequent work.
- NZ Rates Rebates Act, the rules as code (calculation, variables) & an easy to use calculator that helps citizens understand how the rules apply to them before applying, noting the same backend RaC tool then supports many tools.
- Mes Aides - a tool for French Citizens to understand the services and taxation implications for their personal circumstances without having to logon.
- The Rules as Code work from the Service Innovation Lab in NZ Govt.
- The Financial Help calculator on the SmartStart (birth of a child life journey) service in NZ.
- Openfisca country packages for reuse & reference, & project documentation.