June Virtual Breakfast | A brave new orld: Digital-ready lawmaking & ethics
As you might already know, we (the European Commission LIOP team) have made our core mission to raise awareness, promote and share knowledge on digital-ready policies and the support of new technologies in policy activities, building the BLSI community around those topics. The virtual breakfasts is one of the main forums for this community to discuss and share innovative ideas.
As part of our June edition, we would like to explore with you and our guest speakers the ethical implications of these new approaches and technologies and gather your fresh ideas. The virtual breakfast will consists of a panel and interactive discussion on several key questions related to digital-ready lawmaking and ethics, welcoming the following speakers:
- Jan De Bruyne, Research expert in AI & Law - KU Leuven
- Mireille Hildebrandt, Research Professor - Law, Science, Technology & Society (LSTS) Research Group, VUB
- Laurence Diver, Postdoctoral legal research, LSTS Research Group, VUB
- Jelle Hoedemaekers, Expert in ICT Standardisation, Agoria
- Eleftherios Chelioudakis, Lawyer specialised in Law & New Technologies, Homo Digitalis
When is it taking place?
11 June 2021 & Time: from 9:30am to 11:00am CEST
How can I register?
Registrations are closed.
If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact us.
9:30 - 9:45 | Setting the scene: Introducing digital-ready lawmaking
9:45 - 10:50 | Interactive Discussion on Digital-ready lawmaking & ethics
10:50 - 11:00 | Concluding remarks & lessons learned