Although several attempts have been made in order to increase the accessibility of the different MOCCA Applets, there are still some open issues.
- It is necessary to install the Java Access Bridge to guarantee that the Applet works correctly in concert with screenreader software
- Navigation through links in the help window via keyboard is feasible but still lacks a sufficient degree of usability
- The size of images being displayed in the help window is not scalable
- The ALT text of images being displayed in the help window cannot be read read by screenreader software
- Icons in the integrates file-save dialog are not scalable
- Having the keyboard focus on the applet, it is possible to scale the applet and all of its components. However, it is not possible to scale the iframe, which embeds the Applet as well due to the Same-Origin-Policy
- In some cases, the entered PIN is read loudly by the installed screenreader software (e.g. IE8, after help window has been opened)