From 26th to 30st of March, 2012 throughout Latvia occured the European eSkills Week 2012 – the information campaign aimed to develope the Information Society, promote eSkills and ICT profession with more more than 36 000 participants.
This year Latvia was the most active eSkils Week participant again!! Latvia took the First place in Europe left behind Romania, Lithuania. European map, please, see here.
Overall during the eSkills Week occured 890 different events in almost all the Regions and Towns of Latvia. There were involved more than 200 partners.
All togeather in the variety of activities involved (recorded) more than 36 000 participants, including woman – 59%, man – 41%, young people till age of 24 – 61%
There were more than 1000 people who never used computer before.
The main target auditory and topics were:
- young people and their career oportunities related with eSkills and speciallities of ICT;
- ICt solutions in education;
- Digital skills for employment;
- eSkills and ICT solutions for Small and Medium enterprises;
- Digital skills for personal growth and participation.
The main activities in Latvia were:
- different kind of tests, questionnaires about ICT security skills, e-services, „Test your ability to find information and get to know Latvian trails” ect.;
- seminars, workshops, conferences for enterpreuers, schoolchildren and inhabitants in general;
- lot of activities organized by Libraries Net for unemployed people, pensioners and all other interesents;
- for the first time there were ICT Career Day purpose to empower the young people from Form 9 to12 to get acquainted with the ICT industry related professions by visiting the ICT related enterprises and organizations.
In the ICT Career Day 16 Latvian enterprises offered to look at their actions,including Lattelecom, Latvian Mobile, Microsoft Latvia, Swedbank and other More than 230 students and teachers had Access to the ICT related occupations and attend seminars.
More information about European eSkills Week in Latvia, please, see here: