Portugal’s Agency for Administrative Modernisation (Agência para a Modernização Administrativa, AMA) will continue to upgrade and expand the country’s eGovernment services, says Pedro Silva Dias, the agency’s president. The number of online public administrations and services will increase in tandem with the Simplex+ programme, relaunched earlier this year.
- ensure prompt and effective responses to the needs of people and businesses;
- improve people’s trust in public services and public servants;
- speed-up processes for licenses and permits;
- rationalise and increase the efficiency of public administration; and
- boost Portugal’s competitiveness.
The Simplex+ innovations and services will be integrated into Portugal’s Citizen Portal (Portal do Cidadão) as well as the 413 public eGovernment services desks (Espaços do Cidadão) across the country. AMA also plans to add real-time management information, mr Dias announced at a conference in Lisbon, on 18 May. The portal and public access points currently offer access to 170 eGovernment services.
Presentation by AMA president Pedro Silva Dias (in Portuguese, PDF)
Simplex+ government programme (in Portuguese)
Introduction to Simplex+ (PDF)
eGovernment conference website (in Portuguese
Announcement by AMA (in Portuguese)