Application and experimentation within the ELISE Action
The ELISE Action has produced and made available a rich Knowledge Base concerning location-enabled Digital Government and its ongoing transformation: studies (and their reports); guidelines; tools and technical solutions; webinars and presentations during events; a platform for accessing e-learning modules and some new training modules and other resources. All those resources are currently accessible through Joinup. However, it is not so easy to find your way through this vast offer. In particular, semantic Web techniques and Knowledge Graphs can help the organisations involved improve the management of this knowledge and potentially interested parties, and individual users find what they need. Furthermore, Knowledge Graphs can help answer many questions. For example: "What are the ELISE resources available on geospatial Artificial Intelligence, and who produced them?" or "What is the optimal learning path and what are the resources to 'visit' in case I want to know more about Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology?" ELISE has studied and experimented with Knowledge Graphs. We will summarise the results of this webinar.
In this webinar, Danny Vandenbroucke and Marc Olijslagers from KU Leuven together with guest speakers Oscar Corcho from Universidad Politechnica de Madrid and André Skupin from BigKnowledge will walk you through the following topics.
- Introducing the ELISE universe: what is it, and how can you explore it?
- Key concepts explained: ELISE concepts and resources; Knowledge Management and Knowledge Transfer; Semantic Web and Semantic Assets;...
- Introducing Knowledge Graphs and their usage in the context of Digital Government Transformation. Zooming in on a Case Study: the City of Zaragoza.
- How to manage key concepts in a glossary or vocabulary and link them to other glossaries and vocabularies?
- Knowledge Graphs for the ELISE Universe: how to create, exploit and analyse them? Including a short demo on how to exploit Knowledge Graphs.
- Key take away messages and future outlook: zooming in on how to discover new Technological Trends by the semantic web.
At the end of the webinar, guests from different sectors will share their views on the topic.
This webinar is a part of a series of "Webinars and events" performed by the European Commission's Joint Research Centre under the ELISE ISA² Action. These webinars aim to quickly engage with new topics of relevance to location interoperability, the digital transformation of government and socio-technical developments in this arena and to share the results and outcomes of ELISE action.
The webinar will take place on 07/04/2022 at 14h00 CEST (UTC+2).
If you are interested in this webinar, do not hesitate to register by clicking on the following button. You will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to join this webinar.
If you cannot join, register anyway, we will send you both the slides and the recording of the session.