The European Union is giving more and more emphasis to its energy policies, whose strategy and actions are included in the Energy Union Package and the 2030 Framework for Climate and Energy. Moreover, there are several European Directives (e.g. Directive 2010/31/EU Energy Performance of Buildings – EPBD and Directive 2012/27/EU Energy Efficiency Directive - EED) and initiatives such as the Covenant of Mayors (CoM) involving local and regional authorities (more than 7300 signatories as of April 2017), which complement the EU energy policy framework enabling the achievement of challenging targets.
This workshop aims at showing the benefits that geospatial information can bring in such a framework, re-using INSPIRE principles such as the adoption of common data models and of common data access mechanisms.
The workshop is structured into two 90 minutes sessions:
- the first one, policy-centered, in which representatives of European Institutions will present the current status and the main trends of energy-related EU policies;
- the second one, user-centered, in which representatives of private and public organisations will show the benefits already gained using geospatial information in different phases of the energy-related policies’ lifecycle;
After the two sessions the floor will be open to the workshop attendees, stimulating an interactive debate about the topics presented.
- INSPIREd Energy
- The enabling role of geospatial information in the European energy policies
- CLEAN ENERGY FOR ALL EUROPEANS
- Assessment Methods based on Location data for Building Energy Use
- Comparative analysis of different methodologies and datasets for Energy Performance Labelling of buildings
- GeoSmartCity in support of the Covenant of Mayors
- Assessing the Energy Performance of Buildings using dynamic measured data
- INSPIRE harmonization of existing Energy Performance Certificate datasets – Phase 1
Phone: + 49 7851/894-0
Internet (German): www.hs-kehl.de
Internet (English): www.hs-kehl.de/en/home