Er det Farlig? ( Eng. "Is it dangerous?") is a websiteÂ created to inform the norwegian citizens aboutÂ the presence ofÂ dangerous substances in consumers goods. Six out of ten Norwegians say they want better information about substances in consumer goods that are hazardous to health or the environment.
Normal 0 21 false false false NO-BOK X-NONE X-NONE
Therefore, the Climate and Pollution AgencyÂ launched www.Erdetfarlig.no ("Is it dangerous?"). The website has simple advice about dangerous substances and safe products. Er det Farlig is the result of co-operation effortÂ among differentsÂ stake holders dvs. Climate and Pollution Agency, NorwegianÂ Food Safety Authority, Nordic Ecolabeling, Norwegian Consumers Council and GrÃ¸nn Hverdag Network.
REACH is the European Community Regulation on chemicals and their safe use (EC 1907/2006). It deals with the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemical substances. "Er det farlig?" include mainly substances which are also part of the REACH Candidate List of Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC).
Description of target users and groups
Entire Norwegian Population: Schools, industries andÂ importers among others.
Description of the way to implement the initiative
Co-operative feedback among the differentÂ stakeholders involved in the project.
- CMS: Episerver
- Pattform: Windows and .net.
Main results, benefits and impacts
- Decrease spreading of health and environmental dangerous agents
- Increase recycling of waste
- Reduce waste recycling emissions
Return on investmentReturn on investment: Not applicable / Not available
- IncreasedÂ interdisciplinaryÂ collaboration amongÂ different stakeholders
- helps citizens avoiding consumer products that contain substances hazardous to health and environment
- Increased correctly disposal ofÂ productsÂ containing substances hazardous toÂ health and environment.
- Increased public awareness about potential hazardous substances
- Improved comunication among consumers, retail dealers, manufacturers and importers through the implementation of direct online request form, whether a product contains health and environmentally hazardous substances
- Reinforced Norwegian Environmental Law implementation andÂ right of the citizens to know about the existence of hazardous substances in consumers goods.