Interoperability Solutions for European Public Administration (ISA)
The programme of the European Commission Interoperability Solutions for European Public Administration (ISA) produced the Common Assessment Method for Standard and Specifications (CAMSS). Yet, the assessment of standards and specifications for eGovernment solutions is actually a national competence applied within each National Interoperability Frameworks.
CAMSS is an initiative to promote collaboration between EU Member States in defining a «Common Assessment Method for Standards and Specifications» and to share with other countries the assessment study results for the development of eGovernment services.
The purpose of CAMSS is:
- to ensure that assessments of technical ICT specifications or standards and interoperability profiles are performed to high and consistent standards;
- to ensure that assessments will contribute significantly to confidence in the interoperability of systems implementing these specifications and profiles;
- to enable the re-use, in whole or in part, of such assessments;
- to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the assessment process for ICT technical specifications or standards and interoperability profiles.
The CAMSS is also supported by a community on Joinup which includes:
- Access to the CAMSS tools, CAMSS wiki and CAMSS library with assessments carried out by Member States
- A growing member list
- A place to interact and discuss about Standards Assessments
External links and documents