We are pleased to announce the latest release of EIRA (version 2.0.0) published on 26 July 2017.
The European Interoperability Reference Architecture (EIRA) is an architecture content metamodel defining the most salient architectural building blocks (ABBs) needed to build interoperable e-Government systems. The EIRA provides a common terminology that can be used by people working for public administrations in various architecture and system development tasks. The EIRA was created and is being maintained in the context of Action 2016.32 of the ISA2 Programme. The EIRA uses (and extends) the ArchiMate language as a modelling notation and uses service orientation as an architectural style. The EIRA is aligned with the latest European Interoperability Framework (EIF), and complies with the context given in the Interoperability Action Plan, both published in 2017.
Further information about the EIRA v2.0.0 can be obtained in the document "EIRA v2.0.0 Overview.pdf".
1.1 What's new in a nutshell
1. Alignment with the new version of the EIF (the New European Interoperability Framework)
2. ArchiMate® 3 upgrade (previously ArchiMate® 2.1)
3. Better use of in Interoperability Specifications
4. Simplification of the Legal View
5. Descriptions of all the ABBs have been revised.
6. Minor modifications on the model
o Change of the ArchiMate® icon of representation.
o The High-level overview has become a viewpoint.
o The “Hosting and Networking Infrastructure” has been implemented as grouping for the different attached services.
o Introduction of a “Service Discovery Component” on the “Technical view – application”;
1.2 Release details
This release consists of the following release components:
- EIRA_v2_0_0_Overview.pdf; a PDF document containing an introduction to the EIRA, including its key concepts, used ArchiMate notation, tool support and views.
- EIRA_v2_0_0_ArchiMate.archimate; the 'Archi' version of the model.
- EIRA_v2_0_0_ArchiMate.xml; the Open Group ArchiMate Exchange File Format, containing the model.
- EIRA v2.0.0 SKOS; the EIRA as controlled vocabulary in SKOS format.
- EIRA v2.0.0 ArchiMate HTML.zip; a compressed folder containing the web-version of the EIRA model.
- EIRA_v2_0_0_release_notes.pdf; the release notes of this release.
- EIRA_v2_0_0_release.zip; an archive containing each of the above mentioned files.
- EIRA v2.0.0 HTML version; the public web-page containing the EIRA model, including information.
- EIRA v2.0.0 ISA Product License v1.3; the license under which the EIRA is released.
1.3 Further comments
* ArchiMate® and TOGAF® are registered trademarks of The Open Group.
* ArchiMate© and TOGAF© are copyright of The Open Group. All rights reserved.
* Archi® is a registered trademark of Phillip Beauvoir.
The EIA Team, August 2017