First GovTech Workshop
GovTech* has been gaining more and more attention in recent years. This has accelerated due to the COVID crisis that forced governments to innovate rapidly. However, involving small innovative companies is also essential to support the recovery, resilience, and strategic autonomy of the EU.
With the adoption of the Digital Europe Programme Work Programme 2022-2023, the European Commission will be launching the call for a Govtech Incubator in February 2022.
To help you get involved and benefit from the initiative, we are starting a series of workshops.
This first workshop will focus on:
- GovTech study: The results of a study, analysing the challenges of the EU GovTech ecosystem.
- GovTech Incubator: Information session about the upcoming call (February 2022). There will be an opportunity for the participants to ask questions.
- GovTech European Parliament Pilot Project: a new project to start in 2022.
- Other funding opportunities
We count on your participation.
*Among the many definitions, we consider that GovTech corresponds to when the public sector engages with start-ups and SMEs, for the provision of tech-based products and services in order to innovate and improve public services.
- Introduction - Natalia Arisitimuño
- Govtech Studies - Peter Ulrich - Ines Mergel - Maciej Kuziemski
The workshop will start with a study performed by the JRC/DIGIT on the GovTech initiatives including procurement aspects and best practices for building a GovTech initiative.
- Introduction to the GovTech Incubator call (February 2022) - Georges Lobo
A presentation about the coming GovTech Incubator call. This is will be the first introduction to inform about the upcoming call (February 2022)
- GovTech European Parliament Pilot Project - Goran Zekovic
This will inform about a call for tender soon to be launched.
- Other funding Opportunities - Georges Lobo
This is a short point on other funding opportunities.