The Interoperability Test Bed Repository
The purpose of the Interoperability Test Bed repository is to form a collection of conformance testing solutions that are offered through and in support of the Interoperability Test Bed. The purpose of these solutions is to support the conformance testing of IT systems against semantic and technical specifications with the goal of measuring and ultimately improving their interoperability.
The solutions included in this collection can be broadly categorised as follows:
- The Interoperability Test Bed, the collection’s flagship solution, an online conformance testing platform that allows projects to define and test conformance against their target specifications.
- Validation services that allow standalone use by users to validate content, but also reuse by test developers as building blocks in more complete conformance testing scenarios executed through the Test Bed.
The entry point in both cases for further information, usage, documentation and contact is the Interoperability Test Bed solution.
The GITB Test Registry and Repository (GITB TRR)
In addition to grouping the Test Bed’s solutions and resources, the current collection also realises the GITB Test Registry and Repository (TRR). This is a key element of the GITB CEN Workshop Agreement upon which the Test Bed bases its design and operation.
The GITB TRR implements a repository of hosted and federated test assets that is organised in a way to facilitate their discovery and reuse, both manually and through machine-to-machine integration.
The GITB TRR is foreseen to include:
- GITB-compliant test services to be used in GITB TDL test cases for messaging, validation and processing purposes.
- GITB TDL test suites to test against commonly used specifications that can be imported in Test Beds capable of interpreting GITB TDL.
- GITB-compliant Test Beds, test engines which support the interpretation, execution and monitoring of GITB TDL test suites.
Further information on the underlying GITB specifications can be found through the following links: