Version 1.18.0 of the Interoperability Test Bed software, based on the GITB CWA specifications, is now released.
This release focuses primarily on test engine and GITB TDL extensions to increase the test bed’s testing capabilities. It extends significantly the customisation of scriptlets, allowing steps, information and behaviours to be adapted dynamically depending on the needs of the calling test cases. The most important of these changes are the new possibilities to manage the visibility of all scriptlet elements, the conditional inclusion of blocks of steps, and the support for default input values. Apart from scriptlet extensions, the test bed’s built-in service handlers received several updates, focused primarily on adding further XML validation features, and the customisation of generated identifiers and simulated message exchanges.
Aside GITB TDL extensions, several updates were made to the test bed’s software. New automation options were made available through triggers, including new trigger events, input data, support for REST services and JSON, as well as the possibility to fully test triggers directly from the user interface. Reporting options were also extended, by supporting XML reports of test sessions and individual test steps for machine processing, as well as a new operation on the test bed’s REST API to retrieve complete test session reports. These new features were complemented by further minor improvements, such as support for default custom property values, and various bug fixes. Finally, the test bed software’s build tooling was extended to allow containerised builds, allowing rapid prototyping and experimentation directly from the test bed’s source.
This new version is online in the Interoperability Test Bed service hosted by DIGIT but is also available for you to setup as a standalone instance. If a standalone instance best matches your needs, the following supporting resources are available:
- The Test Bed's installation guide (for development and production use).
- The Test Bed's user guide.
- The source code of the test bed software.
- The EUPL-based licence attached to the direct use of the source code.
If you are updating from a previous version, please follow the Test Bed's update guide.
Release Notes - Version 1.18.0
The following list summarises the issues included in this release, classified as bugs, improvements and new features. For more details click the issue key links (requires access to the test bed's issue tracker).
- [ITB-1245] - The TokenGenerator's string operation may crash for badly formatted regular expressions
- [ITB-1254] - Updating an organisation user on a Test Bed instance not connected to EU Login produces an error
- [ITB-1268] - Test suite validation blocks scriptlets from using variables from parent contexts (test case or other scriptlets)
- [ITB-1272] - SchematronValidator reports schematron warnings as information messages
- [ITB-1278] - Test execution diagram includes blank actor column when the Test Engine actor is not displayed
- [ITB-1287] - Messaging steps without transactions pass test suite validation for invalid step inputs of handlers
- [ITB-1308] - Imports used to clone domains and communities within the same Test Bed instance fail to complete
- [ITB-791] - Allow the complete test of a trigger from its detail page
- [ITB-812] - New trigger event on test session start
- [ITB-1025] - Allow triggers to be defined as REST HTTP POST calls with JSON payload
- [ITB-1168] - Define an XmlValidator embedded validation handler to allow validation of XML against XSD and/or Schematron
- [ITB-1228] - Allow the exporting of test session reports in XML format via the user interface
- [ITB-1229] - Allow the exporting of test step reports in XML via the user interface
- [ITB-1230] - Allow the exporting of test session reports via REST API
- [ITB-1231] - Optionally include the XML test session report in the data of the trigger for test session completion
- [ITB-1246] - Include session identifier, test suite ID and test case ID, as optional data in all trigger calls that refer to specific test sessions
- [ITB-1249] - Include conformance statement properties as optional data in all trigger calls relevant to conformance statements
- [ITB-1261] - Allow scriptlet steps' hidden attribute to be set dynamically as long as it can be calculated at test case load
- [ITB-1262] - Allow messaging steps' reply attribute to be set dynamically within scriptlets as long as it can be calculated at test case load
- [ITB-1263] - Allow a call step to be set as hidden, hiding by default all child steps
- [ITB-1265] - New ExpressionValidator embedded validation handler for validation based on custom expressions
- [ITB-1266] - Allow a flow step's thread blocks to be individually hidden
- [ITB-1267] - Allow the hiding of if step containers but with visible child steps (if only a then block is defined)
- [ITB-1273] - Support default values for scriptlet parameters
- [ITB-1274] - Support static if step evaluation for conditional inclusion of steps in scriptlets (without if container boundaries)
- [ITB-1276] - Include the test session ID in all external messaging, processing and validation service calls
- [ITB-1277] - Include the test case ID in all external messaging, processing and validation service calls
- [ITB-1283] - Include the test step ID in all external messaging, processing and validation service calls
- [ITB-1296] - Support default values for organisation, system and statement properties
- [ITB-1299] - Include the test engine version information in all external messaging, processing and validation service calls
- [ITB-1300] - New predefined SESSION map in the test session context including test session metadata for use in test cases
- [ITB-1243] - Fail test suite validation when multi-operation embedded processing handlers are used without specifying the operation to use
- [ITB-1244] - Extend the TokenGenerator's uuid operation to support optional prefix and postfix inputs
- [ITB-1247] - Use icons for trigger status display
- [ITB-1248] - Add visual grouping for trigger event types
- [ITB-1251] - Check formatting restrictions on domain parameter and statement parameter names
- [ITB-1252] - Add a user friendly name for conformance statement (endpoint) parameters
- [ITB-1253] - Consider a TAR report's context as a "map" by default
- [ITB-1257] - If using simplified process steps consider the input's type when resolving its corresponding parameter
- [ITB-1258] - Allow the assign step to create multiple levels of maps if they don't already exist
- [ITB-1259] - When using simulated embedded handlers (DisplayProcessor, SimulatedMessaging) allow mime types to be set for the display of provided parameters
- [ITB-1260] - In the session log button badge for unread output highlight whether these include warnings or errors
- [ITB-1269] - Optionally include the schematron assertion test information in the SchematronValidator's report
- [ITB-1270] - Optionally sort XSDValidator and SchematronValidator findings based on severity
- [ITB-1271] - Optionally include validation artefacts in XSDValidator and SchematronValidator reports
- [ITB-1279] - Support containerised build via Docker Compose
- [ITB-1285] - Allow on-the-fly replacement of existing map entries as the result of assign steps
- [ITB-1286] - Show test suite validation warning for a process step without an operation referring to a handler that supports multiple operations
- [ITB-1288] - Reorganise and relabel test execution screen buttons
- [ITB-1292] - Include the build timestamp in the release information displayed for nightly builds