The Test Bed offers a generic XML validation service that can be used to validate arbitrary XML content using:
- XML Schema, for validation of the document's syntax.
- Schematron, for validation of business rules.
The XML validation service is available for use as a standalone validator and through the Test Bed as part of complete conformance testing. It offers the following APIs:
- Web user interface for user-driven validation.
- SOAP web service API for machine-to-machine integration and use from GITB TDL test cases.
- Command-line tool for offline validation.
The XML validator reuses the Test Bed's core XML validation support that allows for a configuration-driven setup and automated updates.