The 2018 edition of eGovernment factsheets has been published by the European Commission's National Interoperability Framework Observatory (NIFO) community. They are the yearly update and summary of policies and activities related to the implementation and the delivery of digital public services in 34 countries (EU countries, FYROM, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland and Turkey).
Produced in collaboration with national eGovernment experts, the eGov factsheets serve as a unique tool to identify best-of-class input and practices in the field of eGovernment policy in particular, and the modernisation of public administration in general. Each national eGov factsheet is composed as follow :
- Country profile : national description of each country presenting its basic data, political structure and key relevant indicators ;
- Highlights: to put focus on the most significant change and progress achieved in 2017;
- Strategy: the main strategic objectives and principles at national level;
- Legal Framework: the main legal texts impacting on the development of eGovernment;
- eGovernment Actors: to list and explain the main roles and responsibilities;
- eGovernment Infrastructure: description of the technical infrastructure components supporting eGov implementation in the country;
- eGovernment Services for Citizens and Businesses: Availability and sophistication of eServices for both citizens and businesses, grouped by thematic.
As a complement to the long version of the eGov factsheet, corresponding infographic version will be published in the coming days. They are One Pager that visually present the key highlights per country and will support the communication activities promoting your recent eGovernment achievements.
NIFO is a project service provided by the European Commission's ISA² programme delivering solutions for European public administrations, citizens and businesses. It assists EU countries in monitoring the take up of eGovernment and interoperability.
All eGovernment factsheets are available here.