The panel discussion “Berlin Declaration: Shaping a Value-based Digital Transformation in Europe” is organised by the German Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community.
Today, 8 December 2020, the Berlin Declaration was signed by all EU Member State ministers responsible for digital transformation in the public administration. The Berlin Declaration contains common guidelines on digital transformation in Europe, its impact on society and future opportunities.
In the Declaration, open source software is deemed as one of the facilitators for deploying and developing strategic digital tools and capacities in the public sector.
The public is invited to join the interactive online panel discussion with policymakers, representatives of civil society, NGOs and the academic community.
15:00-15:05 Welcome and Opening Carmen Hentschel, Moderator
15:05-15:15 Opening Interview: Introducing the Berlin Declaration Dr. Markus Richter, State Secretary & German Federal Government CIO
15:15-15:20 Video Message from the European Commission Johannes Hahn, EU Commissioner for Budget & Administration
15:20-16:20 Panel Discussion moderated by Carmen Hentschel
- Dr. Markus Richter, State Secretary and German Federal Government CIO
- Julia Kloiber, Managing Director at Superrr Lab & Partner at Ashoka Germany
- Paul Hofheinz, President and Co-Founder of the Lisbon Council
- Prof. Daniela Stockmann, Professor of Digital Governance at Hertie School
- Siim Sikkut, Government CIO of Estonia
- Special Guest: TechSoup Europe (video message)
16:20-16:30 Closing Remarks