The Core Business Vocabulary is a simplified, reusable and extensible data model that captures the fundamental characteristics of a legal entity, e.g. the legal name, the activity, address, ...
All the versions of the Core Vocabularies can be downloaded from https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/core_vocabularies/asset_release/all.
Since 8 January 2013, an RDF syntax of the Core Business Vocabulary has been formally published on the W3C standards track. It has been revised and renamed into Registered Organization Vocabulary (RegOrg). >> Read more
E-Government Core Vocabularies are the starting point for developing interoperable e-Government systems as it allows mappings with existing data models. This guarantees Public Administrations to attain cross-border and cross-sector interoperability. Please refer to the eGovernment Core Vocabularies paper on the approach and benefits of Core Concepts for further background.
Core Vocabularies Working GroupThe Core Business Vocabulary is one of the three Core Vocabularies that have been developed in the context of Action 1.1 of the ISA Programme. The specification is developed by a multi disciplinary Working Group, with a total of 69 people from 22 countries, 18 EU and 4 non-EU countries (USA, South-Africa, Norway and Croatia), and several EU Institutions.
- From November 2011 till February 2012 version 0.2 was developed.
- On 17 February 2012 version 0.2 entered a month-long public review period, ending on 16 March 2012.
- In March 2012 all comments of the public review period were discussed in a Working Group meeting.
- On 7 May 2012 version 1.00 of the combined specification of Core Business, Core Location and Core Person Vocabulary was released.
- On 23 May 2012, the Coordination Group of the Interoperability Solutions for European Public Administrations (ISA) Programme has endorsed version 1.00 of the combined specification of Core Business, Core Location and Core Person Vocabulary.
Owner: European Commission
Date: May 2015
Core Business Vocabulary-compliant RDF description of a company on OpenCorporates
Date: June 2012
Greek Tax Authorities business registry published as linked open data using core business and core location
Owner: International Hellenic University
Date: June 2012
- ISA Deliverable: Process and Methodology for Developing Core Vocabularies
- Core Vocabularies - Case Study
- eGovernment Core Vocabularies
- ADMS: Collaborator Licence Agreement
- Case study: How to describe organizations in RDF with Core Business Vocabulary and ORG Ontology?
- 2012-09-03 - Over 43 million companies described with the Core Business Vocabulary
- 2012-07-30 - New EU Directive on Interconnecting Business Registers
- 2012-06-07 - opencorporates.com presents the value of an open identifying system for companies
- 2012-05-30 - ISA Member State representatives endorse key specifications for e-Government interoperability
- 2012-05-22 - ISA presentation about enabling data interoperability on the European Data Forum 2012
- 2012-05-11 - Version 1.00 of the Core Business, Core Location and Core Person Vocabulary released today
- 2012-04-06 - W3C GLD Working Group opens first public working drafts for comments
- 2012-03-27 - Key specifications for interoperability developed by the EU’s Interoperability Solutions for European Public Administration (ISA) Programme to become W3C standards
- 2012-02-17 - EU Working Group seeks public comments on e-Government Core Vocabularies
- 2011-12-22 - EU - BUSINESSEUROPE's report: evaluating the Points of Single Contact
- 2011-12-14 - The ADMS and Core Vocabularies projects are now available on Joinup
- 2011-11-18 - DG MARKT confirms its participation in the Core Vocabularies Working Group
- 2011-10-12 - The ISA Programme is pursuing its work on Core Vocabularies
- 2011-08-08 - Case study on Core Vocabularies
Core Business Vocabulary Working Group
Information on collaboration
- Core Vocabularies: Working Group : The current members of the Core Vocabularies Working Group
- Public mail archive : the public mail archive of the mailing list of Core Vocabularies
- Core Business Vocabulary Contributor License Agreement
- Core Vocabularies WG Virtual Meeting 2011.11.21
- Core Vocabularies WG Virtual Meeting 2011.12.01
- Core Vocabularies WG Virtual Meeting 2011.12.07
- Core Vocabularies WG Virtual Meeting 2011.12.08
- Core Vocabularies WG Virtual Meeting 2011.12.15
- Core Vocabularies WG Virtual Meeting 2011.12.22
- Core Vocabularies WG Virtual Meeting 2012.01.05
- Core Vocabularies WG Virtual Meeting 2012.01.12
- Core Vocabularies WG Virtual Meeting 2012.01.19
- Core Vocabularies WG Virtual Meeting 2012.03.26
- Core Vocabularies WG Virtual Meeting 2012.03.27
- Core Location WG Virtual Meeting 2012.04.03