As you are probably aware, the last few months have been particularly interesting in the context of the ISA² Core Vocabularies. Indeed, the SEMIC Action organised a series of webinars allowing the community to exchange and discuss the changes to be made as part of the next major release of the Core Vocabularies.
With a view to preparing the major release of the Core Vocabularies for the end of 2021, the time has come to start wrapping up these discussions and reach consensus on the proposed solutions. A third webinar took place on the 6th of October 2021, where issues related to Core Person & Core Location were discussed. All information is available on Joinup.
A fourth webinar took place on the 9th of November 2021 to discuss issues related to Core Business & Core Public Organisation. The slide deck, meeting minutes and recording are available.
A fifth and final webinar took place on the 2nd of December 2021 in order to close any pending issues that could not be resolved beforehand. All information is available on Joinup.
The next steps in this preparation process will be:
- Based on the conclusions derived from the different webinars, a consensus should be reached on the final HTML specifications of each Core Vocabulary around the end of December 2021.
- The publication of the serialisations of each Core Vocabulary (in linked data format) is planned in the course of January 2022.
As a preparation for these upcoming events, you are invited to visit the repository of each Vocabulary on GitHub in order to take note of the current discussions and analyses. You are also encouraged to provide your opinion & comments on the following issues.
● Core Person GitHub repository
● Core Business GitHub repository
● Core Location GitHub repository
● Core Public Organisation GitHub repository
If you would like to join the webinar, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We remain at your entire disposal to answer any remaining questions.
The SEMIC Action