Saturday, 5 March 2016
Open Data Day is a gathering of citizens in cities around the world to write applications, liberate data, create visualizations and publish analyses using open public data to show support for and encourage the adoption of open data policies by the world's local, regional and national governments.
- Learn more about open data.
- Find out how your local and national government could do more to release open data.
- Engage local non-profits and companies in the uses of open data for the products and missions
- Meet & network with tons of cool people in your city and around the world.
- Voice your opinion & share your ideas with the people and media attending.
- Find out about apps being created, and get to play around with them as well.
- Help out with parts of the conceptualization, creation, design, advertisement and testing of apps.
- Conduct an open tutorial sessions around using open data,like learning how to customize google maps to show the data you want to show.
- Have lots and lots of fun.
Developers, designers, librarians, statisticians, citizensState: Pending
For more information about the venues, refer to: http://opendataday.org/