- Full compliance with the DCAT Application Profile for data portals in Europe (DCAT-AP): the open data platform supports national DCAT-AP standards, such as the Swedish and Norwegian standards, as well as multilingual forms and GeoDCAT-AP and StatDCAT-AP. The German and Danish versions of DCAT-AP will be soon made available. In the current state of the EntryScape Catalog, data publishers cannot directly adapt their own standards in the user interface. The next release should give the possibility to have several standards available in one installation, enabling data publishers to choose which standard a specific catalog should comply with.
- Inclusion of a checklist to evaluate the new datasets submitted. This checklist is configurable in each installation, but a basic checklist is proposed so that most of the organisations can apply it. The checklist can be found as part of the configuration in the bitbucket repository. As EntryScape is open source, the checklists can be found as part of the configuration in the bitbucket repository.
- Collaborative authoring environment.
- API access to metadata, Linked Data, SPARQL and file download.
- Open source and provided as SaaS.
|To see how it works concretely, it is possible to try the free version available or get a first impression by watching their tutorial on: https://free.entryscape.com.|
The ambition of EntryScape is to release between 4 and 5 updates of the platform per year in order to assure a high maintenance activity and responsivity to the needs of the users.
The potential future development of this tool include:
- A maintenance mode to handle issues and make sure that datasets are updated according to the schedule established;
- Allowing stakeholders external to an organisation to contribute and share new ideas about new datasets;
- Improving the API generation, allow APIs to be named, append data to existing APIs, convert from other formats, etc.; and
- Developing additional tutorials describing in a practical way how to use the different features of the tool.
In addition to EntryScape Catalog, MetaSolutions is releasing EntryScape Terms and EntryScape Workbench:
- EntryScape Terms allows the management of terminologies (SKOS based) in a manner which can be reused in EntryScape Catalog;
- EntryScape Workbench supports the management of information based on linked data. For instance, a configuration of EntryScape Workbench could be developed in the near future to allow editing Core vocabularies.