Recently a case study entitled “How Linked Data is transforming eGovernment” was published on Joinup. This case study draws the link between Linked Data and eGovernment and introduces Linked Data as an enabler of eGovernment transformation. In the case study the initiatives of the ISA programme of the European Commission towards this direction are summarised.
Linked Data is about connecting pieces of related data and information coming from different sources (e.g. information systems and databases). Linked open data initiatives are expected to promote transparency, foster collaboration across government and beyond, allow the creation of new, innovative, added-value services, and improve the quality of decision-making. In this vein, ISA provides good practices and practical examples to help public administrations apply Linked Data technologies to eGovernment. To learn more, you are invited to take a look at the case study.
To know more
- Linked Data – Design Issues (note by Tim Berners-Lee)
- 10 Rules for persistent URIs
- Core Location Pilot on interconnecting Belgian National and Regional address data
- How to describe organizations in RDF using the Registered Organization vocabulary
- SEMIC webpage on Joinup
- e-Government Core Vocabularies
Related News item