The Flemish OSLO project publishes its standards for local administrations on Joinup
Today, the Flemish Open Standard for Local Administrations (OSLO) project announced the official release of its standards at the annual V-ICT-OR general assembly event.
The e-Government OSLO Vocabularies are the starting point for developing interoperable e-Government systems as it allows mappings with existing data models. The publication of these standards on Joinup allows Public Administrations to attain cross-border and cross-sector interoperability.
About the OLSO Vocabulary
The OSLO Vocabulary is a simplified, reusable and extensible data model that captures the fundamental characteristics of information exchanged by public administration in the domains of contact information, localisation and public services.
The standards of the Flemish OSLO project are local extensions of the core Person, Business, Location, and Public Service vocabularies created at European level in the context of the ISA Programme (Interoperability Solutions for European Public Administrations) of the European Commission. These four core vocabularies are simplified, reusable, and extensible specifications for information exchange.
Raf Buyle will present his work on creating a localised version of the ISA Core Vocabularies at the SEMIC 2013 conference in Dublin, on June 21.
About the OSLO Vocabulary Working Group
The specification was developed by a multi disciplinary Working Group, with a total of 58 people from 28 organisations and representatives from the ISA Programme of the European Commission.
The OSLO specification is the result of a public-private partnership initiated by V-ICT-OR, the Flemish Organization for ICT in Local Government, and funded by Flemish ICT service providers (e.g. BCT, Belgacom, CIPAL, Fusebox-Eguila, Infront, Remmicom and Schaubroeck) and public administrations (e.g. CORVE, Digipolis).
To know more
- OSLO - Open Standards for Local Administrations in Flanders - version 1.0
- 2013-06-21 Semantic Interoperability Conference 2013
- 2013-05-31 Launch of data standards for local administrations
- 2013-03-27 Flemish OLSO project puts address standards in a local context
- 2013-02-27 Core Location pilot: interconnecting Belgian address data
- 2013-02-15 Flemish Open Standard Initiative for Local Authorities holds kick-off meeting
- 2013-01-22 Flemish OLSO standard to become a local extension of the ISA core vocabularies