This page describes version 2.0.0 of the Core Person Vocabulary specification, which is the latest release addressing all the comments and recommendations received during the public review period.
Version 2.0.0 of the Core Person Vocabulary can be downloaded from Github.
Webinars in light of Core Vocabularies version 2.0.0
The SEMIC Action organised a series of webinars allowing the community to exchange and discuss the changes to be made as part of the next major release of the Core Vocabularies:
- Core Vocabularies 2.0.0 webinar 1 (on 23rd of April 2021) and webinar 2 (on 20th of May 2021)
- Core Vocabularies 2.0.0 webinar 3 (on 6th of October 2021)
- Core Vocabularies 2.0.0 webinar 4 (on 9th of November 2021)
- Core Vocabularies 2.0.0 webinar 5 (on 2nd of December 2021)
The following changes have been implemented in Core Person Vocabulary version 2.0.0
- Issues stated by stakeholders on Github have been addressed. A detailed Core Person Vocabulary changelog is available on Github.
- New “Principles for creating good definitions” were introduced by the SEMIC action. Based on these rules the definitions of the Core Person Vocabulary have been reviewed. A list with the old and new definitions is available on GitHub.
- The consolidated diagram and its simplified version have been reviewed and are available on Github:
About Core Person Vocabulary
The Core Person Vocabulary provides a minimum set of classes and properties for describing a natural person, i.e. the individual as opposed to any role they may play in society or the relationships they have to other people, organisations and property; all of which contribute significantly to the broader concept of identity. The vocabulary is closely integrated with the Location and Business Core Vocabularies.
All previous versions of the Core Person Vocabulary are available on Joinup.