We would like to inform you about the minor release of the DCAT Application Profile for data portals in Europe (DCAT-AP) 2.1.0.
In September 2021, the Interoperable Europe Programme of the European Commission started the minor release cycle for DCAT-AP aiming to address requests for change received by users through the GitHub repository. Following this process, we would like to announce that the new release of DCAT-AP 2.1.0 is available on on Joinup and on Github.
The changes implemented in DCAT-AP version 2.1.0 are related to the following issues:
- Improved UML diagram in accordance with the agreed profile reading
- Improved coherency between the UML diagram and the specification text
- A usage guide on the relationships between Dataset, Distribution and Data Service; and the consequences of this clarification on the model
- Various editorial fixes
- Consolidation of the SHACL shapes
- Minor specification updates:
- Introduction of the NAL planned-availability, NAL access-right and NAL dataset-type
- Lift of the max-cardinality for dataset dct:type
- Lift of the max-cardinality for property dct:creator
- Allow other than SHA1 checksum algorithms
- The range for temporal properties is enlarged to contain any temporal XSD datatype
- Alignment of usage notes for reused property adms:status with W3C DCAT
- Addition of max-cardinality 1 for dcat:temporalResolution and dcat:spatialResolutionInMeters to align with the usage note
Do you have any questions?
Please contact us via e-mail DIGIT-SEMIC-TEAM@ec.europa.eu.