We would like to inform you about the major release of the Core Criterion and Core Evidence Vocabulary (CCCEV) 2.0.0.
In March 2021, the Interoperable Europe Programme of the European Commission started the major release cycle for the Core Criterion and Core Evidence Vocabulary (CCCEV) aiming to address requests for change received by users through the GitHub repository. CCCEV Working Group members and users were invited to share their comments during two dedicated webinars which took place on the 30th of March and 27th of April.
Following this process, we would like to announce that the new release of the Core Criterion and Core Evidence Vocabulary 2.0.0 is available on Joinup and on GitHub.
The following fundamental modelling changes have been implemented in CCCEV version 2.0.0:
- Introducing common distinct kinds of Requirements,
- Allowing requirements to be described in more detail supporting so machine-based decision making,
- Supporting multiple request-response patterns, by sharing facts or more complex interaction patterns,
- Shifting the description of the different possible ways to fulfill a (Criterion) Requirement from the Requirement side to the Evidence side
- Making Evidence a subclass of dcat:Dataset
More information about these changes is available in the changelog on GitHub.
During the revision period new “Principles for creating good definitions” were introduced by the SEMIC action, which are available on GitHub. Based on these rules, the definitions of the Core Criterion and Core Evidence Vocabulary have been reviewed.
Do you have any questions?
Please contact us via e-mail DIGIT-SEMIC-TEAM@ec.europa.eu.