Core Vocabularies are defined as simplified, re-usable and extensible data models that capture the fundamental characteristics of a data entity in a context-neutral and syntax-neutral fashion.
The 'Handbook on using the Core Vocabularies' describes how the Core Vocabularies can be used to:
- Design new data models that extend the Core Vocabularies; and
- Map existing data models to the Core Vocabularies.
The new version of the Core Vocabularies comprises the following:
1. Core Vocabularies distributions:
- Core Business Vocabulary v1.0
- Core Location Vocabulary v1.0
- Core Person Vocabulary v1.0
- Core Criterion and Core Evidence Vocabulary v1.0
- Core Public Organisation Vocabulary v1.0
2. Mappings from existing data models to the Core Vocabularies.