Core Vocabularies are defined as simplified, re-usable and extensible data models that capture the fundamental characteristics of a data entity in a context-neutral and syntax-neutral fashion.
The 'Handbook on using the Core Vocabularies' describes how the Core Vocabularies can be used to:
- Design new data models that extend the Core Vocabularies; and
- Map existing data models to the Core Vocabularies.
Comparing to version 1.1, in this version two new Core Vocabularies and an updated one (Core Evidence and Core Criterion Vocabulary, Core Public Organisation Vocabulary and the Applicaton Profile of Core Public Service Vocabulary) are mapped to the core data models.
This version comprises the following vocabularies:
- Core Business Vocabulary v1.0
- Core Location Vocabulary v1.0
- Core Person Vocabulary v1.0
- Core Public Service Vocabulary Application Profile
- Core Evidence and Core Criterion Vocabulary v1.0
- Core Public Organisation Vocabulary v1.0