Originally released by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the Artificial Intelligence Research Group of the University of Rome Tor Vergata, VocBench is:
- A free web-based platform facilitating collaborative editing and management;
- Designed to meet the needs of the semantic web.
Furthermore, this tool:
- Manages multilingual controlled vocabularies such as thesauri, authority lists and glossaries;
- Allows users to maintain, validate and publish content through flexible group management environment.
The new version, VocBench3 2017 (mid-release, v. 3.0), includes:
- Integrated Constraint Validation,
- Class Tree filters,
- RDFS ontology projects,
- Support for GraphDB SE (paid version),
- Even more flexible UI and added actions.
VocBench3 2017 can help public administrations to maintain and publish their controlled vocabularies in an open and interoperable way.
VocBench3 2017 (full release, v. 4.0.0) will be made available in September 2018.