We welcome all to join the tooling for the data specification life cycle webinar taking place on Tuesday 7th of February 2023.
Based on its extensive work on data models, the SEMIC Action has built up a set of tools and the practices to generate and update data specifications, as well as propagating the changes to models, documentation, and the relevant serialization formats. This is a need of interest beyond SEMIC; it is a challenge shared by all institutions involved in producing data specifications.
The manual generation of the data models and derived artifacts is time consuming, growing with the number of specifications to be maintained, the number of people collaborating on the updates, and the number of derivative artifacts to which to propagate the updates. Some Member States have adopted so called toolchains to automate parts of this process. At SEMIC, we still have open questions on the matter, and we become aware that other members of the community have too:
- What is the most expressive model to capture the data specifications?
- How is it possible to effectively support collaboration of the editorial workflow for data specifications?
- How is it possible to create workflows that propagate the updates to multiple derivative products?
- How is it possible to ensure that quality is kept consistent across all derivative products?
The SEMIC action wants to tackle this as a community effort and share best practices in order to learn from one another. The SEMIC action itself will share its views on some of its own developments and different stakeholders and MS will also present their own solutions.
If you are interested in joining this webinar feel free to contact Emiel Dhondt
We want to deliver the best possible content during the webinar, hence we ask you to complete our "audience survey” before January the 31st.
- Introducing the SEMIC toolchain.
- Assessing participants' needs regarding tooling.
To find out more about the Semic toolchain you can consult this User Manual published on GitHub.
Two hours, starting at 13:00 until 15:00 CET on 07/02/2023.
Online with the following Meeting details:
Title: Webinar dedicated to "Tooling for the Data Specification Lifecycle"
Start Time: 07 February 2023, 13:00 to 15:00 CET
- SEMIC Overview
- Introduction to SEMIC and its assets
- Context on the SEMIC toolchain
- The data specification lifecycle
- SEMIC Publication Process: Toolchain
- Key principles and choices made: tooling for the data spec lifecycle
- The process of the toolchain
- Toolchain: the Community
- Examples: Norway and Finland
- Which steps do you currently perform?
- Are you interested in adopting a tool(chain) offered by SEMIC?
- Which capabilities are missing in the SEMIC toolchain?
- What are your expectations from SEMIC when it comes to tooling?