OPEN STANDARDS FOR ICT PROCUREMENT: SHARING OF BEST PRACTICES
Brussels | December 3rd, 2014 | 9.30 a.m. CET
Avenue de Beaulieu, 25
Under Digital Agenda, the European Commission commits itself through Action 23 to provide guidance on the link between ICT Standardisation and Public Procurement in order to help public authorities use standards to promote efficiency and reduce lock-in.
As a matter of fact, using ICT open standards results in:
- Higher savings when procuring ICT
- An increased level of competition among suppliers
- Being compliant with EU Public Procurement directives
If you are involved somehow in ICT procurement and want to know how other organizations similar to yours are successfully dealing with ICT "lock-in", you are warmly invited to attend the “Open Standards for ICT Procurement: Sharing of Best Practices” workshop, taking place in Brussels - at DG CONNECT - on December 3rd, 2014.
The Workshop will be a great opportunity to meet MSP members, procurement managers, policymakers and ICT suppliers to discuss how to effectively reduce lock-in by using Open Standards.
The main goals of the event are:
- Share some good practice examples about ICT procurement;
- Stimulate the debate around the next steps / new ideas for DAE Action 23;
- Present a first set of insights on the state of the art of ICT public procurement using standards through Europe.
Best practice examples have been carefully selected to match the needs and wants of all potential participants. Have a look at the agenda! In addition, we planned various networking opportunities to allow you to share your opinion with a number of top-tier experts.
Preliminary Agenda *
(*)Please note: the agenda might be subject to changes/updates over the next few weeks.
Click here to access the Detailed Agenda.
- Viorel Peca: INTRODUCTORY GREETINGS
- Nuria de Lama: OPEN ICT ARCHITECTURES
- Patrice-Emmanuel Schmitz: STANDARD "SHARING AND RE-USING" CLAUSES FOR CONTRACTS
- Silvana Muscella: PROCUREMENT INNOVATION FOR CLOUD SERVICES IN EUROPE
- Massimiliano Inzerillo: USE OF STANDARDS IN PUBLIC SECTOR ICT e-PROCUREMENT
- Aurelija Orlova: A PUBLIC SERVICE DESIGNED AROUND OPEN STANDARDS
- Linda Humphries: GUIDELINES FOR THE ADOPTION OF OPEN STANDARDS
- Felix Zimmermann: TEMPLATES AND READY TEXTS FOR WORDING IN OFFICIAL TENDERS
- Rosa Martelli: MONITORING THE TAKE-UP OF “OPEN” PROCUREMENT IN EUROPE
- Pierre Damas: OSS – OPEN SOURCE STRATEGY
For any question please contact
Avenue de Beaulieu 25, Brussels.