Data and information are high-value assets for both public and private organisations. But only by being secured, accessible, shareable and reusable will they deliver their full potential. This is why several data and information management and governance initiatives are becoming increasingly important. Aiming at shaping long-term visions, these initiatives put in place the right processes, standards and tools for managing data and information, while encouraging a culture of information sharing and reuse.
SEMIC 2017, the seventh edition of the SEMIC conference, the annual semantic interoperability conference organised under the scope of the ISA² Programme, will bring together inspirational talks and presentations on forward-looking data and information management initiatives from European public administrations, EU institutions and agencies and the private sector.
The event will be opened by Emanuel Mallia, Minister for Competitiveness and Digital, Maritime and Services Economy, and by Gertrud Ingestad, Director General of DG Informatics of the European Commission.
The conference will offer the opportunity to learn how leading organisations in Europe are creating value from data and information for themselves and their stakeholders by:
· Investing in data and information governance and management activities;
· Rethinking information retrieval and delivery within and beyond organisational boundaries;
· Sharing information and collaborating;
· Using data and information to improve decision-making.
Every year, the SEMIC conference gathers a group of 150-200 professionals, thus being the most visible and established event for public sector semantic interoperability in Europe.
Discover, download and share the conference leaflet: SEMIC 2017 Leaflet
To attend the conference, please pre-register online*
* Please note that your registration is subject to approval by the organisers. You will be notified of your registration status by email.