Organisational interoperability asset
An agreement between public administrations on organisational relationships or business processes. Organisational interoperability assets could define expected levels of service, support/escalation procedures, contact details, and refer when necessary, to underlying agreements at semantic and technical levels. Organisational interoperability assets can, for example, take the form of Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) or Service Level Agreements (SLA) , Business Rules, Business Processes.
- Business Process Model
- Business Rule Model
- Service Level Agreement
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Organisational structure with roles
- (Organisational) Guidelines
- (Organisational) Framework
- Which organisational aspects contribute to interoperability?
- Are any types missing in the preliminary list?
- Other issues?