The attached report documents a survey performed by ISA Action 1.1 on Semantic Interoperability in order to explore good practices on the publication of Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI), both in terms of format and of their design rules and management.The survey studied approximately 15 cases, coming among others from EU agencies and services, EU Member States and standardization bodies and initiatives, where URI management and persistence have been subject to a policy (as opposed to merely ad-hoc design). The survey concludes with a distillation of the available information as a set of good practices that can and should be followed by publishers of URI sets. These are summarised in the figure below.
- Study: Study on Business Models for Linked Open Government Data - BM4LOGD, October 2013.
- Study: 10 Rules for persistent URIs, March 2013.
- Case study: How Linked Data is transforming e-Government, March 2013.
- Methodology: Cookbook for translating Data Models to RDF Schema, March 2013.
- Analysis: Report on high-value datasets from EU Institutions, May 2014.
- Study: Towards a common policy for the management of persistent HTTP URIs by EU Institutions, November 2014.
Nature of documentation: Surveys