This report, produced in the context Action 1.1 of the Interoperability Solutions for European Public Administrations (ISA) Programme, describes the process and methodology for the development of common models and specific data entities that can be used as a basis for interoperability among information systems.
This work is based on and elaborates further the standardisation process and methodology of W3C.
More specifically, this report defines:
- A process through which semantic agreements can be reached among participants in a consensus-building activity.
A methodology through which semantic agreements are developed. We can break this down into the following objectives:
- To define clearly the kind of problems the domain model and the data entities will solve;
- To make the overall structure and components of the domain model clear;
- To follow best practice when publishing the semantic agreements.
- ISA Process and Methodology for Developing Core Vocabularies
- Report on reaching semantic agreements within CISE
- Cookbook for translating relation data models into RDF schemas
- SEMIC community on Joinup
Nature of documentation: Other