This document builds on previous work carried out under the SEMIC action focusing on the governance and management of data models, as well as tools for managing data models. While the findings of the report could apply to almost any organisation, the analysis considers public administration representatives as its main stakeholders.
The content provides guidance to owners and publishers of code lists on the selection of an appropriate tool for code list management, depending on their needs or the requirements of their organisations. The report also provides an overview of the main features such a tool should provide.
The report covers:
- Determining the appropriate selection criteria for a solution to be included in the analysis
- Using the aforementioned selection criteria to draw a list of solutions
- Determining which features would be the focus of the analysis after the selection of the solutions
- Evaluating the solutions against the pre-determined list of features
- Summarising the findings of the analysis and drawing appropriate conclusions