The EGOV-CeDEM-ePart Conference 2018 represents the merge of the IFIP WG 8.5 Electronic Government (EGOV), the IFIP WG 8.5 IFIP Electronic Participation (ePart) and the Conference for E-Democracy and Open Government Conference (CeDEM). The conference is held annually, and will be hosted 3-5 September 2018 at the Danube University Krems in Austria.
The Call For Papers
As one of the additional special-topics tracks that expands the reach and scope of the EGOV-CeDEM-EPART 2018 Conference, the AI, Data Analytics, & Automated Decision Making Track looks at the potential, adoption, use, and impacts of various data analytics methods ranging from visualisations and descriptive statistical analyses to machine learning and AI methods in the public sector.
Areas of focus and interest include but are not limited to the following topics:
- Personalized digital public services through AI e.g. government chatbots and face recognition.
- Data-driven policy making and data-driven decision making in public sector.
- Predictive analytics in public sector.
- Applying machine learning is social problems.
- Big and linked data analytics.
- IoT in the public sector.
- Speech recognition and virtual assistants in public sector.
- Challenges and potential of using open government data in machine learning algorithms.
- Use of official statistics in automated decision making.
- Challenges related to automated decision making in the public sector e.g. ethics, privacy, transparency and biased algorithms.
- Methodologies and cases of evaluating the outcomes of algorithm’s predictions in the real world e.g. through randomized experiments.
- Legal issues related to automated decision making.
- Visualisations and visual analytics.
- Organizational issues related to the adoption of data analytics solutions in public sector.
Deadline and submission process
The hard deadline for submitting a paper is 17th March 2018. All information for submitting a paper or attending the conference can be found from the home page of the conference: http://depts.washington.edu/egcdep18/#/Home.
Besides the AI, Data Analytics and Automated Decision Making Track, the conference covers other tracks and types of presentations such as:
- Keynote speeches
- Paper presentations (organized by Tracks)
- Reflections' session
- Poster session
- PhD Colloquium
- Open Space
- Panel discussions
- Outstanding Paper Awards
- Networking and project opportunities
Registration to the conference is mandatory and will be soon opened publicly. All information will be made available from http://depts.washington.edu/egcdep18/#/Attend/.
The agenda will be made available from the home page of the conference.
Location: Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Straße 30,
3500 Krems, Austria