The European Commission invites experts from the field of Digital Government and GovTech to register in the European Commission’s experts database. From this database, the Commission will select candidates with the most suitable profile for the following activities:
- Evaluating GovTech Incubator call under Digital Europe Programme
- Monitoring the implementation of funded projects.
- Participate to expert groups activities.
Profiles & expertise
We are in particular looking for experts from the following sectors:
- Industry, business associations and innovation agencies,
- Non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and other civil society organisations,
- Local, regional and national administration,
- International organisations,
- Universities and research institutes.
Experts should have extensive experience in at least one of the following fields:
- Public Sector Innovation
- Digital Government
Nature of the assignment
If you are contracted as an evaluator, you will be part of a peer-review panel which assesses proposals based on defined selection criteria. The panel’s assessment will be the basis of the European Commission's funding decision.
If you are contracted to review a project, you will assess its progress and achievements against the plan outlined in the funding proposal and provide a report on the state of play.
In most cases, you will carry out your work online. However, in some cases they may invite you to attend meetings; in these cases you may be eligible for accommodation and subsistence allowances, as well as reimbursement of your travel costs.
For further information, please have a look at the Call for Expression of Interest
How to register
If you are interested, please register in the European Commission database of independent experts.
For general questions on working as an expert, please contact the EuropeDirect service