The realisation of the project implies development, documentation, implementation, and training for WAN and LAN version (CD-ROM) of the legal database information system (LDBIS) in the FYR of Macedonia. The LDBIS has not been fully implemented, but at the moment a software application has been developed and it is necessary through future projects activities to load the database and to implement it in the IT Centre in the Ministry of Justice and in the IT Centre in the Supreme Court. The LDBIS enables: access to the existing legislation and optimal access to the relevant precedent law. With the project it was envisaged to realise training for the following users of the LDBIS as well as loading and maintenance of the base.
The aim of this project is creation of one unified Law data base which will be accessible in the LAN of Macedonian Judiciary institutions: min. of justice, Supreme Court, basic courts, prosecutor offices, prisons etc. This data base will help in judiciary efficiency, because the time needed to find or analyze some law will be shortened.
In order to be succesfull, the main milestone of the project is a good training of the judiciary staff, specially those employees that are older and don't have big computer knowledge.
Users of LDBIS are all administrative (judges, prosecutors, clerks, lawyers etc) stuff in judiciary institution in Macedonia, starting from Min. of justice, Courts, prosecutor offices, prisons.
LDBIS is web oriented application which will be accessible in the LAN of Judiciary system in FYROM. The main DB server is placed either in Min. of Justice IT Center or in Supreme Court. Every LDBIS user can access the Database only if he/she has approved username/password combination. All documents are in .pdf format. The application allows data changing by using the XML standard
The LDBIS contains Legal regulation:
- Constitution of RM;
- International treaties and conventions ratified by RM;
- Laws and regulations of RM published in the â€œOfficial Gazette of RMâ€;
- Archive of non-active laws of at least 2 years prior to the beginning of the work of the system;
- key precedented law selected by the EC Justice Department;
- precedented law connected with the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms;
- decisions of the courts: the basic courts of RM, upon their choice; the courts of appeals of RM, as the result of their selection from the precedented law; the Supreme Court of RM, upon its choice; decisions and definitions of the Constitutional Court; decisions and definitions of the Administrative Court; commercial and industrial chambers.
- Principled views and opinions of the Supreme Court of RM.
Lesson 1 - The project would be more successful if there was a professional relation between the involved parties: Min. of Justice, Supreme Court and Official Gazette of RM.
Lesson 2 - For a successful input of the legal database it is necessary that the IT Centre of the Supreme Court be equipped with the hardware and software needed, as well as the IT Centre within the Ministry of Justice with the software required.
Lesson 3 - It is necessary to set up a working group that will conduct the training of the cadre in the Ministry of Justice, the Supreme Court, and the lower courts and other justice organizations for the use of the LDBIS.