Open e-TrustEx is a platform offered by the Directorate-General for Informatics of the European Commission to Public Administrations at European, national and regional level to set up secure exchange of natively digital documents from system to system via standardized interfaces. Open e-TrustEx provides a set of generic web services, which Public Administrations can use to connect heterogeneous applications, removing the need for complex point-to-point connections.
What’s new in the release 2.0
The release 2.0 comes with a revamped architecture, which makes it easier for Public Administrations to adopt and install the platform, and to extend it with new interfaces. It provides enhanced security capabilities to ensure integrity, confidentiality and non-repudiation of the documents exchanged.
Available interfaces in the release 2.0
- Submit Document Wrapper: it allows parties to submit non-structured documents in binary format (a.k.a. Document Wrapper) into the platform
- Retrieve Document Wrapper: it allows parties to download a Document Wrapper previously submitted into the platform
- Delete Document Wrapper: it allows parties to delete a Document Wrapper previously submitted into the platform
- Submit Document Bundle: it allows parties to submit metadata about Document Wrappers previously submitted into the platform
- Submit Application Response: it allows parties to submit an application response document to the platform. An application response is an XML document containing information to update the status of documents exchanged through the platform.
- Retrieve Interchange Agreement: it allows parties to retrieve Interchange Agreements configured in the system. An Interchange Agreement (a.k.a. ICA) formalises that a party is authorised to send documents, of a specific type, to another party through Open e-TrustEx.
- Inbox Request: it allows parties to retrieve all the documents submitted for or by a given party
- Retrieve Request: it allows parties to download a specific document submitted for or by a given party
- Status Request: it allows parties to retrieve the status of a specific document.
- The interfaces described above are fully compliant with the WS-* standards.
- Open e-TrustEx uses MTOM and HTTP chunking for the exchange of large binary file.
- The security capabilities are fully compliant with the WS-Security standard.
Useful documentation including a comprehensive installation guide can be found in the project e-Library
Do not hesitate to contact us on DIGIT-CIPA-SUPPORT@ec.europa.eu if you have questions or comments.