DCAT-AP v1.1 is now available.
Find out more here.
|This interoperability solution page describes version 1.0 of DCAT-AP, which is the currently adopted release. In February 2015, the ISA Programme of the European Commisison launched an activity to revise DCAT-AP aiming to release a new version in July 2015. For more information about the revision and to file change requests, please refer to DCAT-AP revision.|
The DCAT Application profile for data portals in Europe (DCAT-AP) is a specification based on the Data Catalogue vocabulary (DCAT) for describing public sector datasets in Europe. Its basic use case is to enable a cross-data portal search for data sets and make public sector data better searchable across borders and sectors. This can be achieved by the exchange of descriptions of data sets among data portals.
The elaboration of the DCAT-AP was a joint initiative of DG CONNECT, the EU Publications Office and the ISA Programme. The specification was elaborated by a multi-disciplinary Working Group with representatives from 16 European Member States, some European Institutions and the US. From April till July 4 2013, Virtual Meetings were held and the specification has gone through a public review period of 2 months.
Working Group meetings
All working group members were invited to participate in a limited number of online meetings and had the ability to contribute to and review the specification of the proposed application profile. During the consultation process a number of interim drafts of the specification were produced, before the final draft was released for public review. Each interim draft was open to comments, input and feedback from the working group members.
March 3, 2013
DCAT Application Profile WG Virtual Meeting 2013-04-03
April 17, 2013
DCAT Application Profile WG Virtual Meeting 2013-04-17
May 8, 2013
DCAT Application Profile WG Virtual Meeting 2013-05-08
July 18, 2013
DCAT Application Profile WG Virtual Meeting 2013-07-18
Information on collaboration in the Working Group
Below you can find all the practical information on the tools used by the Working Group to collaborate. Please click the links if referred to another page.
- Members of the Working Group and Review Group: A list with the current members.
- Conference call system
- Public mail archive: the public mail archive.
- Issue tracker: This is where you can submit issues and comment on the issues that are already logged.
- e-Library: This contains all the documents of the Working Group: the Virtual Meetings agenda and minutes, the use cases, controlled vocabularies, related work and other documents.
- Sign the ISA Contributor Agreement v1.1: This contributor agreement documents the rights granted by contributors to the European Union. We invite all contributors to sign it to allow the EU to release the specification under the ISA Open Metadata Licence v1.1. You need to be a member of this project and logged in if you want to be able to view (and possibly sign) the contributor agreement.
- Digital Agenda for Europe: Public Sector Information
- Digital Agenda for Europe: Open Data Portals
- ISA Deliverable: Process and Methodology for Developing Core Vocabularies
- European Interoperability Framework 2.0
- Open Data Support Community