The European Interoperability Reference Architecture (EIRA), is an architecture content metamodel defining the most salient architectural building blocks (ABBs) needed to build interoperable e-Government systems. The EIRA provides a common terminology that can be used by people working for public administrations in various architecture and system development tasks. The EIRA was created and is being maintained in the context of Action 2.1 of the ISA Programme. The EIRA uses (and extends) the ArchiMate language as a modelling notation and uses service orientation as an architectural style. The EIRA is aligned with the European Interoperability Framework (EIF) and complies with the context given in the European Interoperability Strategy (EIS). Further information about the EIRA can be obtained in the document 'An introduction to the European Interoperability Reference Architecture v0.9.0' (EIRA_v0.9.0_beta_overview.pdf).
In the period September 2014 – May 2015, a number of pilots (see pilot report) were conducted using the EIRA with public administrations in Denmark, Estonia, and The Netherlands, and with European Commission Directorate-Generals DIGIT, CONNECT (e-SENS project), and MARE.
This release incorporates the feedback received from participants of the EIRA/CarTool pilots conducted with public administrations of Member States and EU Institutions in 2015.
It consists of the following release components:
- EIRA_v0.9.0_beta.archimate: Archi file containing the EIRA ArchiMate model.
- EIRA_v0.9.0_beta.html: HTML version of the EIRA ArchiMate model.
- EIRA_v0.9.0_beta_overview.pdf: PDF document containing an introduction to the EIRA, including its key concepts, used ArchiMate notation, tool support, and views.
- EIRA_v0.9.0_beta_ABBs: An HTML file containing the definitions of the architecture building blocks.
- EIRA_v0.9.0_beta_release_notes.pdf: PDF document containing the release notes.
- EIRA_v0.9.0_beta_release_document_set.zip: Zip file containing each of the above mentioned files.
On 8 June 2015, this release (EIRA v0.9.0 beta) entered a public review period. Stakeholders working for public administrations in the field of architecture and interoperability are invited to provide feedback until 30 September 2015.
How can you help?
- Download the release 0.9.0 beta of the EIRA from the Joinup platform;
- Login to Joinup (registration is required); and
- Provide your comments on the bottom of the page ‘release 0.9.0 beta of the EIRA’ (login is required).
What happens with your feedback?
- All comments will be monitored, processed and analysed;
- Based on the comments, requests for change will be proposed;
- Resolutions of those issues will be shared on Joinup and the approved requests for change will lead to a new release of the EIRA.
ArchiMate® and TOGAF® are registered trademarks of The Open Group.
ArchiMate© and TOGAF© are copyright of The Open Group. All rights reserved.
Archi® is a registered trademark of Phillip Beauvoir.