About the European Interoperablity Reference Architecture
The European Interoperability Reference Architecture (EIRA), is an architecture content metamodel defining the most salient architectural building blocks (ABBs) needed to build interoperable e-Government systems. The EIRA provides a common terminology that can be used by people working for public administrations in various architecture and system development tasks. The EIRA was created and is being maintained in the context of Action 2.1 of the ISA Programme.
The EIRA uses (and extends) the ArchiMate language as a modelling notation and uses service orientation as an architectural style. The EIRA is aligned with the European Interoperability Framework (EIF) and complies with the context given in the European Interoperability Strategy (EIS). Further information about the EIRA can be obtained in the document "EIRA_v1_1_0_overview.pdf."
Related release: Cartography Tool v1.0.1
The Cartography Tool brings together high level support for the EIRA as a plug-in for the popular ArchiMate® modelling tool Archi®. It includes both editing features, to model solutions using the EIRA, and querying features to query an EIRA-based Cartography of solutions. Version 1.0.0 of the CarTool marks its first release following successful pilot use and demonstrations to Member State representatives and European Commission officials.
This release consists of the following release components:
- EIRA_v1_1_0_ArchiMate.xml; the Open Group ArchiMate Exchange File Format, containing the model.
- EIRA_v1_1_0_ArchiMate.archimate; the 'Archi' version of the model.
- EIRA_v1_1_0_ArchiMate.html ; a folder containing the web-version of the EIRA model.
- EIRA_v1_1_0_Overview.pdf; a PDF document containing an introduction to the EIRA, including its key concepts, used ArchiMate notation, tool support and views.
- EIRA_v1_1_1_release_notes.pdf; the release notes of this release.
- EIRA_v1_1_0_SKOS.rdf ; The EIRA as controlled vocabulary in SKOS format.
- ISA Product License v1.3; The license under which the EIRA is released.
- EIRA_v1_1_1_release.zip ; An archive containing each of the above mentioned files. ·
- Joinup EIRA webpage; the public web-page containing information on the EIRA.
ArchiMate® and TOGAF® are registered trademarks of The Open Group.
ArchiMate© and TOGAF© are copyright of The Open Group. All rights reserved.
Archi® is a registered trademark of Phillip Beauvoir.