About the European Interoperablity Reference Architecture
The European Interoperability Reference Architecture (EIRA©) is an architecture content metamodel defining the most salient architectural building blocks (ABBs) needed to build interoperable e-Government systems. The EIRA© provides a common terminology that can be used by people working for public administrations in various architecture and system development tasks. The EIRA© was created and is being maintained in the context of Action 2016.32 of the ISA² Programme. The EIRA uses (and extends) the ArchiMate language as a modelling notation and uses service orientation as an architectural style.
EIRA v2.1.0; Updated documentation.
EIRA v2.0.0 was released on the 26th of July 2017 after which the EIRA has been tested by writing Solution Architecture Templates and by modelling solutions at Member States. Half a year later, version 2.1.0 of the EIRA has been released, containing upgrades related to the definition of its ABBs. Further information about the EIRA v2.1.0 can be obtained in the document "EIRA v2.1.0 Overview.pdf".
Related release: Cartography Tool v2.1.0
The Cartography Tool (CarTool©) brings together high level support for the EIRA© as a plug-in for the popular ArchiMate® modelling tool Archi®. It includes both editing features, to model solutions using the EIRA©, and querying features to query an EIRA©-based Cartography of solutions. Version 2.0.0 of the CarTool©marks its second release based on the experience and feedback of Member State representatives and European Commission officials following the use of the CarTool v1.0.1.
This release consists of the following release components:
- EIRA_v2_1_0_Overview.pdf; a PDF document containing an introduction to the EIRA, including its key concepts, used ArchiMate notation, tool support and views.
- EIRA_v2_1_0_ArchiMate.archimate; the 'Archi' version of the model.
- EIRA_v2_1_0_ArchiMate.xml; the Open Group ArchiMate Exchange File Format, containing the model.
- EIRA v2.1.0 SKOS; the EIRA as controlled vocabulary in SKOS format.
- EIRA v2.1.0 ArchiMate HTML.zip; a compressed folder containing the web-version of the EIRA model.
- EIRA_v2_1_0_release_notes.pdf; the release notes of this release.
- EIRA_v2_1_0_release.zip; an archive containing each of the above mentioned files.
- ISA Product License v1.3; the license under which the EIRA is released.