2 people uses this project
ProjectLibre is an open source alternative to Microsoft Project. It is compatible with Project 2003, 2007 and 2010 files and runs on Linux, Mac or Wiindows. ProjectLibre is perfect as a compliment to OpenOffice and LibreOffice. Microsoft Project is on 7% of all desktops so this is a significant addition to the open source ecosystem.
ProjectLibre was named open source "Project of the Month" on sourceforge and has received good press coverage. The ProjectLibre solution has been downloaded in 182 countries and is being actively used in all EU countries.
There is a robust community at http://www.projectlibre.org which you can join and also download ProjectLibre. There are currently aproximately 12,000 downloads a week.
The ProjectLibre team has the most domain expertise in the industry with innovations dating back to the mainframe, VAX, DOS and Windows era. The team released the very first web-based project management application.
We are continuing to develop ProjectLibre on the desktop and also a Server/Cloud solution.
Our development budget is in excess of €1M yearly.
ProjectLibre is an alternative to Microsoft Project. It is compatible with Microsoft Project 2003, 2007 and 2010. ProjectLibre features include:
Compatibility with Microsoft Project 2003, 2007 and 2010
Runs on Linux, MAC OS and Windows
PERT Chart (Network Diagram)
Earned Value Costing
Other Project management features
The ProjectLibre team is dedicated to further developement of both ProjectLibre desktop and also ProjectLibre Server.
The ProjectLibre community is robust with thousands of users. You can join and contribute in many ways! We also have a European User Group in the community, which is very active.
Public administration reference
ProjectLibre is being used in 182 countries around the world. This includes every country in the European Union. A few good examples are the Hungarian National Organisation for Rescue Services (Katved.gov.hu) , the government of Wales and their Government Secure Intranet (GSI) team in Wales.
- Source repository:
- ProjectLibre is an open source alternative to Microsoft Project. Compatible with Project 2003, 2007 and 2010 files and runs on Linux, Mac or Wiindows
- Email contact:
- Mailing list:
- SVN Directory:
- Business and Competition, Communications, Free Movement of Capital, Humanities, Labour Market, Marketing, Monetary Economics, Prices, Research and Intellectual Property, Trade Policy
- libreoffice, Microsoft Project, OpenOffice, project management software, projectlibre
- Development status:
- Intended audience:
- Developers, End Users/Desktop, Other Audience, System Administrators
- OSI Approved
- Natural language:
- Operating system:
- 2008, BSD, GNU, GNU / Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, Other POSIX / UNIX, POSIX / UNIX
- Programming language:
- Enterprise, Financial, Mechanical and Civil Engineering, Office Suites, Office/Business, Project Management, Scheduling, Software Development