Ximdex is a semantic web based Content Management System (CMS) that allows a simultaneous generation of contents and services in different technologies (Django, RoR, PHP, J2EE, .NET, XML/XSLT, HTML5, ...) and for different channels (mobile, tablets, web, DVB, ebooks, etc.). As a visual platform for the management of Web Portals, XIMDEX CMS provides additional security, scalability and flexibility.
Ximdex’s “in the cloud” architecture, allows for true independence of contents, data and services from final rendering technologies (web, mobile devices, digital interactive tv, ...), improving the performance of systems, while easing automatic adaptation of information to any current or future format.
Decoupled publishing of your content guarantees additional freedom, security and scalability allowing you to transform it from the XML in the repository to final formats (jsp, xhtml, php, ...) or to sync it to distant servers in the cloud.
Its openness is a commitment to provide corporations with FULL control of information. Semantic technologies in use by XIMDEX CMS are coming from R&D projects focused, for instance, on securing scalable contents and the deployment of intelligent contents.
Visual Edition of XML using RNG schemas
Transformation of XML using XSLT
Integrates with the cloud
FULL control of information
Visual Role/User/Workflow edition
Its natural neutrality and flexibility allows to use any application server or language for the deployment of portals and web applications.
Multiple idioms, multiple channels and multiple application servers.
Modules for automatic translations, ...
Please, visit our DEMO website to see it in action!
If you are interested on the power of the Semantic Web paradigm for CMS this is a good project to start with...
Public administration reference
Spanish Agency for Data Protection, Ministeries and public institutions, Research institutions, Royal Household, Library and Universities, etc.
- Source repository:
- ximdex, open source semantic web Content Management System
- Email contact:
- Communications, data processing, Documentation, Education, Industry, Information and Information Processing, information processing, Information Technology and Data Processing, information technology industry, International Organisations, Research and Intellectual Property, Social Questions
- CMS, content management, ecm, editor, semantic web, wcm, wysiwyg, xml
- Development status:
- Intended audience:
- Developers, End Users/Desktop, System Administrators
- GNU General Public License (GPL) 3.0
- Natural language:
- English, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Operating system:
- BSD, GNU, GNU / Linux, Other POSIX / UNIX, POSIX / UNIX
- Programming language:
- Code Generators, Data Formats, Desktop Publishing, Documentation, E-Commerce / Shopping, Internet, Knowledge Management, Mobile, Printing, Report Generators, Search, Text Editors, Text Processing, WWW/HTTP