This issue comes from Issue #4, regarding how to describe the themes and the content of datasets. Issue #4 is about the thematic classification of datasets and this one about how to specify the content of datasets. This is, if datasets may be broken down in 'data elements' as in the Belgian Registry (http://vocab.belgif.be/ns/authsrc#):
- Datasets are described as DataSource(s)
- A DataSource contains (0..n) DataElement(s)
- A DataElement describes what is contained within the dataset, including literals and the dcterms:type property with a set of SKOS concepts to be used (i.e., businesses, locations, and people).
Proposals/options to discuss:
- Create a similar structure of (DataSource ->) DataElement to contain the relevant pieces of data within datasets.
- Create a controlled fine-grained scheme to classify those topics (aligned with Eurovoc)
- Use Eurovoc terms directly to classify the topics.
- Use dcterms:type to classify Datasets directly.
- Create a new sub-property of dcterms:subject/dcat:theme to classify the fine-grained elements.